Buy 4 or more ‘Pelvic Floor Recovery’ or ‘Pelvic Floor Essentials’ (can be combined) to receive a 20% discount.
This is a 132 page book with over 60 illustrations, packed full of information.
Sue has written this book at the request of numerous patients who want more detailed information to help them navigate the challenging path of gynaecological and colorectal repair surgery. ‘Gynae’ surgery is undertaken when women for different reasons require a hysterectomy or if they are suffering from incontinence or prolapse.
Many women undertake gynaecological and colorectal repair surgery with some anxiety and trepidation. This book has been written with the aim of reducing these fears by educating women about:
• Anatomy of the bladder and bowel.
• Correct activation of the pelvic floor muscles.
• Conservative treatment of urinary incontinence.
• Prolapse prevention and management.
• Bladder and bowel emptying positions.
• Persistent pain education.
• Preoperative and post-operative physiotherapy strategies.
• Information to give you confidence for your hospital stay.
• Post-op pelvic floor friendly abdominal exercises.
• Return to work, sport, sexual function and travel advice.
The book is easy to read and has simple diagrams and illustrations to demonstrate the anatomy and exercises. It is small enough to take into hospital and bright enough to find every year so you can revise your strategies and help your pelvic floor stay in good shape forever.