‘The Core & The Floor’ Exercise DVD by Lisa Yates and Fiona Ross
This easy-to-follow DVD contains a post-pregnancy exercise programme which includes everything you need to know to enjoy a healthier body following the birth of your baby. The programme is created and lead by health professionals. The evidence-based education and exercise programme is demonstrated by new mothers. Exercises specifically target the muscle groups essential for post-natal fitness using safe and effective techniques:-
• You will learn which exercises are safe following vaginal or caesarean delivery, and which exercises can be harmful and must be avoided.
• The beginner, intermediate & advanced exercises demonstrated, ensure you work at the most appropriate level to quickly achieve your fitness goals.
• Using a fit-ball and combining elements of pilates, yoga, and tai chi, the programme is a fun way to get fit.
• Exercise in your own home, in your own time (whilst baby is sleeping) and receive expert guidance throughout.
The benefits of exercise following childbirth include:
• Improved core strength and spinal stability.
• Improved muscle tone.
• Improved pelvic floor strength, for improved bladder control and sexual response.
• Post-baby weight loss.
• Enhanced sleep patterns and reduced stress.
• Improved posture, balance, an co-ordination.
• Improved self-image/esteem, helping with post natal mood.